James Hubbard, DO
Board-Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Medical School: Philadelphia College or Osteopathic Medicine
- Under Grad: University of Maryland
Background and Philosophy of Care:
Dr. Hubbard has been caring for women in York and the surrounding counties for over 20 years. Delivering over 10,000 babies and singing happy birthday to those babies each time He has even delivered babies of patients he himself has delivered years earlier. He has a strong to the community and enjoys severing it.
Dr. Hubbard was the first in York County to perform a Robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy using the Da Vinci system. He is still the leader in robotic gynecological surgery in our community and performs the most cases yearly. The Da Vinci system allows him to do minimally invasive surgeries that would have required a large incision in the past and multiple nights in the hospital recovering. With the Robot patient recover quicker with less pain and only one night in the hospital.
Dr. Hubbard also sat on the South Carolina Medical Board for thirteen years. He has been Chief of Staff at Piedmont Medical Center for three years. Dr. Hubbard is currently the Director of Medical Student Education in York County and enjoys teaching the future doctors of tomorrow.
Dr. Hubbard is married to a beautiful wife and has two lovely daughters. He enjoys outdoor sports including biking, kayaking and hiking.
Dr. Hubbard specializes in and enjoys performing minimally invasive robotic laparoscopic surgeries including hysterectomies.
- Annual exams/well woman care
- Low and high risk pregnancy care
- Contraceptive care, including IUD
- Minimally invasive robotic laparoscopic surgeries, including hysterectomies
- Infertility care
- Menopausal management
- Treatment of incontinence and pelvic prolapse
- Treatment of infections